Dental restorations remain a specialty with Dr. Cohen. Tooth restorations can replace missing teeth or may replace a missing area of the tooth. These restorations can be done in a variety of ways, including:
- Fillings. The most common type of tooth restoration is a filling. Teeth are filled with a variety of materials depending on what you like and what the dentist recommends. Our office routinely restores teeth with highest quality and cosmetically composite (white) fillings only.
- Crowns. Crowns look like a tooth-shaped cap. A crown is inserted over a tooth to recreate the function and appearance of that tooth. Crowns can also cover an implant post or be used to hold a bridge in place.
- Bridges are dentures that cover a gap created by missing teeth. Bridges are held in place by crowns and permanently cemented in place.
- Dental implants. When a tooth needs to come out, a dental implant is a replacement artificial root or post that takes its place. Dental implants titanium screws that are placed directly into the jaw and are permanent fixtures in the patient’s mouth. A crown is then fixed over the post, making the area look like a new tooth was placed into the mouth.
- Dentures. Dentures are removable replacement teeth made of resin and sometimes contain metal. A person can get a complete or partial set of dentures depending upon the number of teeth they need to be replaced. Our office routinely provides solutions to our patients with dentures. These solutions include such as implant-retained dentures to enhance grip and function of the removable denture. No more loose dentures!