Dental restorations are a specialty with Dr. Cohen. Tooth restorations can replace missing teeth or a missing area of the tooth. These restorations can be done in a variety of ways, including:
- Fillings. The most common type of tooth restoration is a filling. Teeth are filled with a variety of materials depending on what you like and what the dentist recommends. Our office routinely restores teeth with only the highest quality composite (white) fillings.
- Crowns. Crowns look like a tooth-shaped cap. A crown is affixed over a tooth to recreate the function and appearance of that tooth. Crowns can also cover an implant post or be used to hold a bridge in place.
- Bridges are like a denture that cover a gap created by missing teeth. Bridges are held in place by crowns and permanently cemented in place.
- Dental implants. When a tooth needs to come out, a dental implant is an artificial root or post that replaces it. Dental implants are titanium screws which are placed directly into the jaw and are permanent fixtures in the patient’s mouth. A crown is then fixed over the post, making the area look like a new tooth was placed into the mouth.
- Dentures. Dentures are removable replacement teeth made of resin and sometimes containing metal. A person can get a complete or partial set of dentures depending upon the number of teeth that need to be replaced. Our office routinely provides many solutions to our patients with dentures. These solutions include options such as implant-retained dentures to enhance grip and function of the removable denture. No more loose dentures!